View Single Post
Old
09-07-2013, 10:45 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I don't know. Timmins had to think he'd be gone or he probably would have waited to so yes, I guess he could have been taken. Pretty sure though that every team sees a player they'd wish they'd take and yet see another team pick him....ask the Habs with Jordan Subban. Or the Habs with Pageau etc. We decided to trade our 3rd for 2 4th rounders, thinking Pageau would be available and take another guy on top of it all. Instead of taking Pageau in the 3rd. **** happens I guess....
Jordan Subban is name recognition for fans , that's about it. I'd like to see examples where drafting brothers had any lasting positive impact . Sedins are twins and in a whole unique realm of their own. But the Bures were kept apart mostly , the Kostitsyns were a tired act, nobody has thought to unite the Koivus even though that seems achievable , the Courtnalls , Biron brothers , etc where has anyone thought that Brothers being in the same organization helped the results.

This idea is mostly a fantasy by fans based on thinking about the team as a family. Otherwise it's not a proven formula in any sense.