View Single Post
Old
09-08-2013, 08:16 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
I don't think Diaz, Boullion, Murray, Drewiske will be around next year. So the question is who is ready to step in to full time?

Tinordi-Beaulieu
Thrower- Undersize, he had a down season, too early to predict if he's NHL quality.
Ellis-From what I saw in AHL, he might be a career AHLer.
Dietz-starting to develop into a very good D, I like to see him in Hamilton this year.
Pateryn-I recall seeing him playing TBL. He's slow but can move the puck.
Nygren-he can sure run a powerplay. Reminds me Streit/Diaz with size.
Didier-I don't think he's got NHL quality. Might be let go soon.
Bennett-Seems to be a leader but probably a career AHLer in my opinion.
Sullivan-a long shot at playing in the NHL.
It's hard to guess what roster changes would be made over the course of a year. As for the prospects, Didier I can safely say no way is he about to be let go soon, he will be a Junior this season so a strong season from him and he could turn pro although if Thrower doesn't turn pro this season then you have him and Bennett as rookies in Hamilton plus Didier which would likely mean another very young group of blueliners in Hamilton. If so they may want Didier to stay for his Senior year and then turn pro. He moves well and has an impressive frame, really solid in his own end and excels on the PK. Mainly he blocks shots and takes the body well (uses his big frame and good speed to his advantage)

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote