View Single Post
Old
09-08-2013, 07:34 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
So I guess we need Katz to get them some meds to calm their nerves or something.

He nearly scored early on and also made a good pass to the slot. I missed the last 5 minutes of the game so I can't comment on what happened then. That said he was banging bodies, got into a scrap and didn't look clueless offensively. I liked his game personally. I mistook you for a Rieder fan that was still choked over the trade.
You liked Kessy hey? Dime a dozen thug with no talent. My own preference being the league and hockey move away from players like this.

Quote:
I guess you either need glasses, need a new prescription, or you were tuned into the wrong game because of one of or a combination of all of the reasons that I gave above. He was easily the most noticeable forward out there IMO and one of a small handful that had good games.
Again, if you could see any of this in relation to another player we probably wouldn't be having this discussion. I just think its odd how quickly you can think a player is going to have a solid NHL career on the basis of two games, getting a few chances, going 0-0-0, and being -4. I think what set me off tbh is years of frustration with the club and people going off about a player like he's a ringer or something in the midst of him, and the entire team taking it on the chin. It was a hopeless couple of outings and I don't think its hard to see nobody in that milieu should be singled out for easy praise.

Quote:
His peers? How many 18 year olds are there in this tournament? There are many 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, etc. year olds in this tournament yet he was easily the best offensive forward that we had out there. The Esks are not the Oilers so trying to blame your ramblings on them is weak at best.
He's 19 in weeks, small player, limited offensive skill around the net, not much of a goal scorer, not much hockey sense in traffic, I've seen this nature of player so many times. As with anything calls are probability based. I say the kid doesn't have an NHL future. Pretty much what I see with that. You seem to think with some poundage he'll have a "solid NHL career"

Guess what side probability lines up on? I would bet on this easy and win. Taking candy.

Funny you referenced Teubert. That was the bust I called a couple of years back after seeing preseason games. afairc you thought he was going to have quite a career. But thats your take with any middling prospect with a pulse.

Last edited by Replacement: 09-08-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote