View Single Post
09-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Lost A Bet To
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
The org brings in any number of these guys and it never changes anything. See Eager, see Brown etc. Plus we wasted countless picks through the years on big bodies. See the 90's. Guys like this with no skill do absolutely nothing for your club. I'm not responsible for that, just describing the water. Why do you think I always like Raffi Torres? Guy could actually play hockey, contribute, and put fear into the opposition on ice. Far as Gagner fighting, pass, stupid thing to do.
Torres was good when he'd hit, perhaps if he was 1/2 as good as you think he is he would've stuck somewhere by now? How many teams has he been on since he left?

No, probability. Given this clubs draft record outside of a few players everything drafted after high first round is complete junk. Could really say that over the last twenty years. You watch an Oilers prospect club and somehow see half a dozen bonafide solid NHLers on it. I see 1 or 2 if that. Been this way for as long as we've both been posting here. The Oilers are generally ****** at drafting beyond round 1. Safest bet out there is anything after round 1 is a bust if it smells like an oilers prospect.
Seeing as we have a new head scout (within the last 5 years or so) I don't think that it's unreasonable to think that we might have a few more hits than before. Drafting as high as we have sure as hell shouldn't hurt that ideology either. Who are those 1-2 NHL players in your eyes? IMO there are potentially more but I won't name any until you name yours.

Well this club loves wasting picks so could be that or I'm out to lunch. How's Moroz doing? Another bust. Although can't really call it that because he was nothing in the first place.
Moroz is hurt, not currently playing, kind of hard to judge a kid when you can't see him on the ice.

Well no, it never will because frankly you never learn either. 10 yrs later you'll still be found trumping middling Oiler draft picks here that will amount to nothing and calling them solid future NHL players on the basis of nothing. Its not like this its any new thing. hell, in another thread your waxing on about Platzers shot (sp). Means nothing, the guy got 5 goals last year. It was an atypical snipe. Anybody that has played hockey competitively knows that once in awhile you get a good one away and everything on it. Doesn't mean you have much of a shot if you can't replicate it consistently.
I never said that Platzer was NHL material, I said that he had a very good shot last night, I guess it's not enough that I can't have optimism for some players that you don't, now I can't even say that a player made a good play? How about no? If you don't like it's that tough for you.

lol. You know the Teubert thing. We were having the same conversation right at the time that Teubert was getting his lights knocked senseless in a meaningless fight that was ill advised.
As far as others was I wrong on any of Brule, Omark, Belanger, Eager, Brown, Moroz, Stortini, Peckham or any other number of guys that I've called useless? We all have our views and players we like, dislike. The key is detecting what a player will be able to bring to an NHL lineup.
You were writing off Teubert because of a ****ing cooking video on, of all of the ridiculous reasons that I've heard for people to label someone a bust or a non bust that one takes the cake (maybe his cake making got you hot under the collar?). Oh damn, the way that he cracked those eggs and made the cake mix has got me STEAMING MAD!

One thinks you'd reinvent an Oilers lineup with 5 drooling heavyweights all jumping over benches looking for fights in the OK corral. Pass. The dinosaur game has passed by. No neanderthals need apply. If you can't play hockey you're no use in the NHL in any capacity.
This is why players like these are still employed while your personal hero Tammy Gilbert is in Switzerland. As pissed as you were about the Penner and Gilbert trades you'd think that we had traded Glenn Anderson and Paul Coffey.

Glad your not in charge and you've been wrong on literally every hockey player since Schremp. Frankly I don't remember when you've ever been right.
Apparently your memory is as bad as your eyesight based on your comments so I won't waste my time telling you instances that I have been right because you'll just forget them as soon as you finish reading it. Oh well we'll always have that cooking video eh Replacement?

Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote