View Single Post
09-08-2013, 04:20 PM
Now 11.5% more Zen
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Torres was good when he'd hit, perhaps if he was 1/2 as good as you think he is he would've stuck somewhere by now? How many teams has he been on since he left?

Seeing as we have a new head scout (within the last 5 years or so) I don't think that it's unreasonable to think that we might have a few more hits than before. Drafting as high as we have sure as hell shouldn't hurt that ideology either. Who are those 1-2 NHL players in your eyes? IMO there are potentially more but I won't name any until you name yours.

Moroz is hurt, not currently playing, kind of hard to judge a kid when you can't see him on the ice.

I never said that Platzer was NHL material, I said that he had a very good shot last night, I guess it's not enough that I can't have optimism for some players that you don't, now I can't even say that a player made a good play? How about no? If you don't like it's that tough for you.

You were writing off Teubert because of a ****ing cooking video on, of all of the ridiculous reasons that I've heard for people to label someone a bust or a non bust that one takes the cake (maybe his cake making got you hot under the collar?). Oh damn, the way that he cracked those eggs and made the cake mix has got me STEAMING MAD!

This is why players like these are still employed while your personal hero Tammy Gilbert is in Switzerland. As pissed as you were about the Penner and Gilbert trades you'd think that we had traded Glenn Anderson and Paul Coffey.

Apparently your memory is as bad as your eyesight based on your comments so I won't waste my time telling you instances that I have been right because you'll just forget them as soon as you finish reading it. Oh well we'll always have that cooking video eh Replacement?

Quick response.

Torres has been on good teams since here and well regarded on those good clubs. But in the case of the Canucks them not really seeing the value. Torres won't get a big contract anywhere because of the baggage, and Shanaban, but a solid hockey player and more consistent with hitting then maybe he was here. I see a more workman like attitude since being here. Also consider he doesn't get huge minutes and hit totals still up there. Plus that he has to worry about any hit being considered as axe murder. Mainly due to how hard he hits and that guys get some whiplash regardless of whether he initiates head contact or not. Still say one of the best pure hitters in the game. Generates tons of force through his legs. Think Peca but only stronger.

Optimism as far as this club checked out years ago with me. Really hard to be positive about the teams record of drafting post round 1 and I don't expect that to change much. Part of the reason is I see the team chronically going after certain types of players, then changing direction, changing direction, and it never stops. This is that drafts Steve Kelly instead of Shane Doan and the inanity hasn't stopped since then. Thankfully theres enough acumen in the org that they managed to pronounce Hall, RNH, Yakupov correctly.

As far as the lineup I saw last night the only players I see having much of a chance are Klefbom, Marancin, Mucil, Gernat. Pretty much what most people thought going in.

Gilbert, yeah, still like the player, they didn't I guess in Minny, lol. Not that I think N Schultz has been much better here. Just that this is a much weaker lineup to crack. Gilbert would still be here if he was still here if that makes any sense.

But I'll give you the Gilbert bone.

Last edited by Replacement: 09-08-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote