Old
09-08-2013, 04:00 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Quick response.

Torres has been on good teams since here and well regarded on those good clubs. But in the case of the Canucks them not really seeing the value. Torres won't get a big contract anywhere because of the baggage, and Shanaban, but a solid hockey player and more consistent with hitting then maybe he was here. I see a more workman like attitude since being here. Also consider he doesn't get huge minutes and hit totals still up there. Plus that he has to worry about any hit being considered as axe murder. Mainly due to how hard he hits and that guys get some whiplash regardless of whether he initiates head contact or not. Still say one of the best pure hitters in the game. Generates tons of force through his legs. Think Peca but only stronger.

Optimism as far as this club checked out years ago with me. Really hard to be positive about the teams record of drafting post round 1 and I don't expect that to change much. Part of the reason is I see the team chronically going after certain types of players, then changing direction, changing direction, and it never stops. This is that drafts Steve Kelly instead of Shane Doan and the inanity hasn't stopped since then. Thankfully theres enough acumen in the org that they managed to pronounce Hall, RNH, Yakupov correctly.

As far as the lineup I saw last night the only players I see having much of a chance are Klefbom, Marancin, Mucil, Gernat. Pretty much what most people thought going in.

Gilbert, yeah, still like the player, they didn't I guess in Minny, lol. Not that I think N Schultz has been much better here. Just that this is a much weaker lineup to crack. Gilbert would still be here if he was still here if that makes any sense.

But I'll give you the Gilbert bone.
IMO guys that I think have the best shots at an NHL career are: Klefbom, Marincin, Roy, and Khaira are the cream of the crop.

The next group that have lesser shots but could get there are: Kessy, Ewanyk, Gernat, Davidson, Musil, and Chase

The group that has to show me a lot more includes pretty much everyone else (I haven't seen Nurse and Betker so I can't say about them until after today's game).

Quote:
Originally Posted by frag2 View Post
Khaira seems like he's extremely coachable and will listen. The type of warrior that "go be a ****** and hit their star" and he'll actually go out and do it
I haven't seen him take the body much to this point but he uses his size very well.