View Single Post
Old
09-08-2013, 06:11 PM
Kyle McMahon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookers9 View Post
I referred to him as having been somewhat "lame duck" to date in my earlier post, so don't misread me as being an Ed Hervey advocate.

But the facts that the on-field results aren't (yet?) there, and that many were "vehemently against" his hiring in the first place don't serve to distinguish him from his predecessor who'd been granted more than half a season to determine what he can bring to the equation. I'm not saying give Eddie the same length of tenure. Only that I believe it's too early to fire him.

I'm there too, enduring the losing outcomes and the brutal LRT waits. But imo, the closeness of the results themselves are more indicative of a lack of execution than personnel issues.

I can see Kavis answering for the debacle before Hervey. And I'm not sure that this will be happening before season's end.
I think most people would be fine giving Hervey another year if he'd fired Reed a month ago when the season could still have been saved. Instead he chose to sit there watching Kavis blow multiple games one after another and did nothing. When you put friendships ahead of winning it's time to walk the plank yourself.