View Single Post
Old
09-08-2013, 10:07 PM
RockLobster
A magician named Gob

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
I saw a commercial for that and immediately searched that on Amazon. I liked what I read about it.

I've used my mom's iPad before and didn't really like it so if I do get one, it won't be an ipad.
I truly think people only give it (the Surface) a bad rap are A) the ones who have never even used it to begin with; and B) the ones who think that Apps are the "be all, end all" of a Tablet.

The Windows Store has nearly all of the "big name" Apps: Netflix, Hulu, Twitter, etc.

Pandora is on its way to devices supporting Windows RT (which is what the regular Surface runs) and they have banking on there as well.

Windows RT gets knocked a bit, but I don't understand why. It is to Microsoft what iOS is to Apple, which is to say that Windows RT is the MOBILE version of Windows, it's not meant to provide the same exact experience that regular Windows delivers, much like iOS doesn't for Apple's mobile devices (iPad, iPod, iPhone).

In the end, I'm very happy with my Surface, I even just got a Colorado Avalanche skin from the Microsoft Store in Overland Park, KS. Only regret was not waiting for these prices drops, because at $349, getting a 32GB tablet that supports MicroSD (I bought a 32GB MicroSD card for it) is an amazing deal. On top of that, if you want a Black Touch Cover (which has the touch-sensitive keyboard on the otherside) it's only $399 w/ a 32GB Surface RT, or if you didn't want one, other colored Touch Covers are $79

No matter where I try to roam, it only goes to show, I'm such a long, long way from home.