View Single Post
Old
09-08-2013, 11:33 PM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Why do you keep bringing up the most useless stat in hockey? Yea he was a minus, well the Oilers let in 17 goals in 3 games so no **** he was a minus. You can not sit hear and tell me Roy was a factor in that. The guy was the best player on the ice in every game. Either you didn't pay attention to Roy particularly or you're just arguing for the sake of arguing yet again. I noticed plenty of opportunities when Roy was on the ice and I also noticed a lot of hustle away from the puck. He was throwing hits, playing smart defensively and I even saw him block a couple shots. As the above poster said.. 99% of this board along with people who were covering the tourney have been raving about the kid except for you. Coincidence?
tbh I thought he was ineffectual. Kid reminded me somewhat of another guy that seems very visible, seems to be busy and do a lot, but without accomplishing much of anything. Name is Omark, maybe you've seen him.

Its a results based business. Fact of the matter is a lot more bad things happened on the ice with Roy and not much good happened with him on it. I'm never much impressed by chances. I want finish.

Again plurality means nothing, conventional wisdom is overrated. I see this as a busy player that people want to like. With precious little elsewhere on display he ends being the default liked player. I'm not sold. I see a small ineffectual player that couldn't produce against AHL or worse level goaltending and D.

Wake me up if the kid ever gets to the NHL. Hasn't shown a thing. If he's the offensive leader of this prospects team he sucked in that capacity. Didn't get it done.
Thought he was pretty ordinary on the PP as well.

Frankly Chase to me looked like the best offensive player we had and looks to be harder to play against.