Old
09-09-2013, 12:29 AM
Arpeggio

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
I didn't state that.

Again I'm old fashioned perhaps.

When you hire somebody months in advance it tends not to be a spoken thing but you don't mind at all if the guy at least moves to the town of business and gets himself established in town, find a neighborhood, home, schools, gets the family settled in etc. Any family man knows these are difficult things you ideally want to have prepared in advance so it isn't being a last minute distraction. This isn't hiring somebody to run a small printing shop. Its a billion buck business with high stakes expectations.

My minimal expectation would be that the manager would be in town early and meeting with the employees early. Several Oilers reportedly spend summers here typically. Is this not the case anymore? Why not spend a little time with them.

Does Eakins really think he's going to get a firm handle on 30 or so different psyches and know their ins and outs, what works, doesn't work, and do that all at once while running a TC, running an exhibition season, coaching a pro club. Eakins is big on the extracurricular figuring guys out coaching philosophy. He should well know that **** takes time. We really don't have that time. Eakins, and the club, need to be prepared to hit the ground running.

Anyway, its an interesting discussion, and including some speculation but I'm going on a lot of what Eakins has already stated. Theres going to be a huge difference here vs Eakins being well settled in his roles with the Marlies with a team, and place, he knew intimately. We'll see how he adjusts.
The majority players do not stay here. In particular the big names on the team (Hall, Eberle, RNH, Gagner, Yakupov, Schultz, Perron, Hemsky I guess) all leave town for the summer.