View Single Post
Old
09-09-2013, 01:56 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Look at the contracts. The answer lies there.

Enstrom Byfuglien
Bogosian Clitsome
Pardy Stuart
Postma

These are all players that will have to go through waivers. Unless a trade is made, what do you do with Trouba?

I am not saying that JT is not able to play in the NHL, we don't know that. I am saying that the Jets are not ones to make foolhardy decisions. They signed Pardy for a reason. Unless they plan on trading a defenseman, I do not believe that being in the NHL is in the cards for Trouba this year.

Again, if he is lights out the entire TC, pre season AND first 9 games he is allowed before he burns his first year of RFA, he is going to be playing on the Rock this year. Might not be what people want to hear, but it's the way it is.

I think the org. signing Pardy was 'odd' but telling. I don't think they want to pressure or rush Trouba. I think they want him to get lots of pro time down on what should be a very good Ice Caps team.

However, you are right, we will see what happens.
I definitely think that Trouba will spend a decent amount of time on the Rock this year. I have no doubt that Trouba will get some time with the main club this year. He will likely be one of the first call ups, and we know our D line will see some rotation due to injury. I only hope he handles the "demotion" with the same vigor and intensity that Scheifele did this year.

DespoticNewt is online now   Reply With Quote