View Single Post
Old
09-09-2013, 03:25 AM
duul

vCash: 50
Dallas Eakins is the best thing that will happen to these kids. I personally played up until junior level hockey and I find it easy to tell what coaches are the best. The Babcocks, the type that don't take **** from their players. They hold everyone accountable, and are menacing. I would hate to be the kid who has to pick up one of his daughters and bring them to the school dance in 10 years. He is a scary guy, but he is extremely respectable. He is active and apparently works out with his players just as much as they do.

I believe he is genuine in saying he doesn't care about your tenure or $$$ or skill level, if you're not competing then you're not going to play. Expect to see some top players on our team sit some games through the season if they try and take a night off.

The best part is, the players should end up loving him. The beginning might be rough but the satisfaction of winning games and coming together as an actual team will feel amazing for the players. They're going to grow in ways this team hasn't seen since the 80's. He's a rookie coach but his personality is no nonsense, and he coached winning teams in the AHL already and has only had raving reviews from all his players. He will earn his respect just like the players will.