Thread: mutiny?
View Single Post
Old
01-14-2004, 04:58 AM
Rex88

vCash: 500
I do not feel the mutiny - such as it was against Barber.
I also do not think a complete dismantle is needed.
Lets call it "refocus". Many smart hockey fans on this board have essentially said the same thing = start from the net and work out.
Getting a goalie may be a two step process also that may take time.
With that said, lets start with the D. Therien and Weinrich are just too slow - if they cannot be traded they need to be a scratch and Seids (or even Vandy) needs to get some ice time. I would like to deal an asset at forward (unless Clarke uses that to get a goalie) for a good D man also - perhaps Handzus as C is our deepest position.
The goalie process is two steps because likely who can be had in trade will not be a long term solution ie Khabi age 32 yesterday. Biron, Legace and the younger guys who may be available are not proven any more than Esche and before getting one from that group, Esche should be given a prolonged shot - now.
Then the draft - hope some of the late picks in recent years and what should be higher picks in the future pan out.
The forwards - if you are not playing hard, don't play. Amonte and Handzus seem to take alot of shifts off and Brashear is just awful. Sharp, Feds or Kane, and Lapointe can have those roster spots in my opinion.
Just thoughts - sorry so long.