View Single Post
Old
09-09-2013, 10:27 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
I would offer Dan Girardi a contract. The big physical shot blocker this team can use. Not saying overpay to get him, but I hope the habs make an offer.
If Girardi hits the market he'll be one of the most coveted free agents, so don't expect to not overpay for him, especially in our post 2nd CBA days. The free agents go for insane money, just look at Briere that scored 6 goals last year is on a clear decline who's going to be 36 and he still hit a 2y deal at 4M. Heck, someone that scored 3goals signed a 5year deal just south of 5M, and a ''skilled'' grinder who never reached 50pts once in his career signed a 7year worth 36.75M!!..
So, forget about not overpaying for free agents. Teams are overpaying for these guys more so than they did in the previous years due to the no cap circumvention.

That's precisely why having guys like PK, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, MaxPac (pretty much your skilled kids) at cheap price for long term is important and well worth the risk.

Having good guys signed up for cheap money over a long period of time is key to building a championship team. Every team that won has a few of those guys.
As I said, with the cap not being circumvented as it was before with huge front loaded deals that dropped the cap space, signing players within the organization at a cheaper price is even more important now.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote