View Single Post
Old
09-09-2013, 02:01 PM
Pressure
Tier 1/2 and 3 fan

vCash: 500
CGY GM Feaster blasts his prospects effort

Hey guys, merge this with the other Prospects talk if you want but i thought it deserved some air time.

Check out what Feaster had to say about his prospects,

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/...656/story.html
-----------------
Through the media — and quite possibly in person — he gave the boys a blast.
“Obviously, a difficult way to end,” said Feaster. “I asked (coach Troy Ward), ‘Is it an organizational disease? What is it?’ We have to find a way to eliminate it. This has been the M.O. since I’ve been in Calgary — win a couple of games and then we decide we can just throw the sweaters out (on the ice).

“We played 20 minutes. We had a chance to leave here with three wins. That would have been good. For 40 minutes we just played shinny. And I don’t understand it. It’s not unique to this group. Unfortunately, it’s something that happens with the big club, too.”------------------

It's basically the polar opposite of what Mac T had to say about the tournament, being a "shinny game" out there and he put no stock in it. What was the mandate coming from the top? Our rookies were absolutely abysmal. Was that due to a lack of effort, or was it merely a lack of skill?
Eakins is trying to instill what you may lack in skill, you can make up in effort.

Our prospects in the later rounds are not progressing, there's no gem in the bunch. Is this an organizational handicap? Do they need to be whipped into shape mentally a lot earlier?

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/09/0...-stars-classic

Then there's Mac T and our orgnizational thinking for the past few years:
“It’s a funny mindset when you come into this tournament, it’s an informal way to get your prospects some high-level competition,” MacTavish said, prior to Sunday’s loss. “When you’re discussing the makeup of your team in August, it seems like it’s one of the last things on your mind in terms of trying to be competitive.

“But then you get to the game and things go wrong, you have to step back a little bit and realize that it’s a developmental look and nothing more than that.”

Last edited by Pressure: 09-09-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Pressure is offline   Reply With Quote