View Single Post
Old
09-09-2013, 07:25 PM
Big Phil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Everyone loves '98/99 for Jagr because it's "untainted" by Lemieux's presence/impact. Well I don't care about that. 60 goal scoring (or pace) Jagr with someone else around who could more than keep up skill-wise was one of the most dangerous things to be seen on 1990s NHL ice surfaces. Heck, his production in the '00/01 regular season is almost more impressive when you compare how low playoff scoring ended up. Both he and Lemieux were <PPG, but absolutely torched the regular season. I think it took more work to drag that team to the Conference Final than it took lose to Toronto in '99, but this is all a long time ago for my memory at this point, lol.
So you think Jagr's 2001 season was his best? I consider it to be 4th or 5th best for him personally. Not that it wasn't a great season, but I'll always take 1999 followed by 1996. He was with Lemieux in 1996 but anyone could see he was a product of himself as much as anything. He and Lemieux were well above the rest of the field that year. But 1999 was a 127 point season in a lower scoring league while carrying a weaker team. I'll always go with 1999 here. He was unstoppable.

Big Phil is offline   Reply With Quote