View Single Post
Old
09-09-2013, 08:54 PM
Patch101

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Patch101 Send a message via AIM to Patch101 Send a message via Yahoo to Patch101
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
These things were all true prior to this exhibition tournament. The point some are trying to make is that this tournament has no bearing on the NHL future of these kids whatsoever.
What it did was get these kids into game shape after a long offseason, nothing more.
IMO, Yakupov looked very subpar in a bunch of those exhibition tournaments and in the much more meaningful WJC tournament yet he turned out fine. I know that #1 picks are set to a different standard but i think you get the point.

It was pretty well known pre-tourney (from anybody who was being realistic) that Klefbom wouldn't be ready for NHL action right away after a full calendar year of not playing competitive hockey coming off of an injury and having never played a season on North American ice and Nurse is a project who was an upside pick moreso than a safe pick. 5 years might be a bit of a stretch but at the very least, it should be 3 years until Nurse is ready for full time NHL action and that's just fine, no need to rush him.
The forwards are all longshots. Any non-1st round pick is a longshot so this tournament didn't change that fact.
I know its a short sample period, but Nurse is ahead of Klefbom from what I saw in everything but size.

Patch101 is offline   Reply With Quote