View Single Post
Old
09-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Six in O6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisj View Post
I think many people also discount ticket prices as a reason for attendance drops. It's significantly more expensive to go to a game now than it was even 7-8 years ago, especially on the "cheap" ticket (as we discussed in a previous thread).
Yeah. I agree with this. Prices haven't got much better, considering the economic situation. This is a big problem for me, as a season ticket holder. I think they can afford to discount kids tickets significantly or student prices a bit better.

On the state of the game, I think the CFL is doing just fine in the way it markets itself. To put it in perspective, the NFL is the likely one of the best sports leagues in the world. The production value and commitment is amazing. However, there are hundreds of college programs that graduate thousands of players each year and the fact is that there are only 40 pro football teams in North America. The NFL is the best of the best, the top 1%. You can't compare. I love both games, but I'm not particularly attached to an NFL franchise like I am the Eskimos.