View Single Post
Old
09-10-2013, 09:47 AM
Forsead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Fine. So instead of writing "get those smaller guys out of here", write, "get those smaller, non-physical and non-productive players out of here"....and then I'll agree. Strangely, on that team, we do not include Gallagher. Pretty sure that despite his small stature....we want to keep him. Tough to think that Gionta also is the type of player you can easily pushed around. Leaves....DD up front. So if true...how do we have TOO many of those players??? Again, don't get me wrong. I want to be bigger. But I also happen to want to be better. And if it means getting a smaller really productive player on board instead of a lazy Bourque, if that's the Bourque we're getting this year, I say why not?

Absolutely true. We love our prospects as we can't compare them to the rest of the league so we think they are the greatest. Until they reach a higher level and we have to refrain ourselves. But the idea is that if Pageau is able to do what a Gallagher does, even if he's less of pest, people would REALLY want him gone anyway? Seriously?
Don't get me wrong, I would have like Pageau on this prospect pool I think he will makes a name of himself as a Maxim Talbot kind of guy. I'm just talking about the whole board.

Also, even if he's a courageous, intense, two-way, feisty player, boy does Gionta get hate here, I mean there's so many people wanting to see him out. Even Gallagher IMO can't have a too much down season, otherwise you'll see the critics.