View Single Post
Old
09-10-2013, 10:34 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Agreed. Plenty of posters have killed the Rangers in recent years because they weren't developing their own high quality 3rd & 4th line guys. Yogan exactly fits that role and now people are pooh-poohing him as a prospect because they don't see him as having any particularly outstanding skills. Huh? This type of somewhat skilled, somewhat big, fairly tough guy who can keep up with the play is exactly the guy whose absence they've been lamenting on the bottom lines...
I think a lot of people were convinced he was a blossoming top-six forward after the productive year he had in the OHL. That, coupled with the fact that he's now hit the 3 year mark since he's been drafted, and I think some folks are losing patience. Such is the wonderful world of prospect watching.

If he can become a 4th line guy who hits, scraps, forechecks well, and can chip in a few goals here and there, then you've gotta be pretty happy with that from a 4th round pick. I do think there's a bit more versatility there that will come as he continues to develop as a pro. I just hope the Rangers don't give up on him too quickly.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote