View Single Post
Old
09-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Roll 4 Lines
Pastafarian!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgatie View Post
I don't know where you got this information, but it is complete bunk. Orr has signed that picture 100x more than any other, and he estimates he would have made millions for it if he charged for every one. They even showed him on one of the NESN specials at a signing with copies of that very photo stacked 6" high in front of him, with Bobby continuously peeling one off, signing it, and handing it to the person in line. He is one of the most humble, most generous men who ever lived and has never refused to sign anything when he knows it is for a kid or charity. My nephew has the original poster of that goal, which formerly hung over my brother's bed when we were small, signed by Bobby Orr.
I don't doubt a word you say, and I know first hand that he's as humble and generous as any man alive.

I never said he refused to sign it. I simply said he doesn't like to sign it, if given the choice.

I also said it's the one most people want signed, so yes, he has signed a lot of them.

He signed a pic for my girlfriend to give to me. It's a pic of him in the corner with Espo in the background. He told her he prefers to sign those type of pics, where he's not looking like the star.

Goes back to the humble thing, which is what I think this discussion is about with Campbell. It think it's honest humility.

Roll 4 Lines is offline   Reply With Quote