View Single Post
Old
09-10-2013, 01:58 PM
wahoowa
All in the Game

vCash: 500
A few quick observations from the stands that maybe didn't show on the stream:

- Cousins does not stop talking... ever. He was just non-stop ****-stirring and got under plenty of skins.

- Our rookie team as a whole was massive in size. I'm guessing pretty much every D had to be at least 6'3. Physical, too.

- Wilson basically was trying to get physical with any player that came into his vicinity. I was pretty surprised Laughton fought him because it looked to me like he was trying to ignore Wilson's chatter the entire time. Not sure what was up with Laughton but he did look disinterested out there.

- Gouldborne was 110% every shift. No slowing down for him, certainly not a ton of skill but the effort isn't lacking.

- I was sort of surprised at the number of mouth-breathers there, but I guess I shouldn't be stunned given the type of people who could make a 3 PM game on a Monday. The guy next to me literally knew dick about hockey and kept haranguing the refs for 'giving the game to those thugs'.

- Best players to my eyes were Alt, Leier, Stolarz and Brown. I don't know why exactly but I thought Brown was pretty impressive. Alderson was much better than I anticipated as well.

- As far as the Caps players go... I thought their D Schmidt (#88) was pretty composed and looked to be a keeper. Wilson is obviously very skilled but he seemed to try to ham it up at every whistle. Other than that none of them really stood out to me. Their first-rounder from this year (Burakovsky) was meh.

wahoowa is offline   Reply With Quote