View Single Post
Old
09-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Tripod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
Holmgren made some mind blowing bad moves, like the Bryz situation but I am still impressed by the haul he got from Mike Richards and Carter. Obviously, those are impact players. But, Voracek, a top 10 first, Simmons, and Schenn is one heck of a return.
I think the Mark Streit contract will EVENTUALLY be looked at as another debacle (not in the short term though, because I think Streit will return to peak form next year).

The Hartnell/Timonen deal was interesting. I always wondered if that was agreed on as some part of the earlier Forsberg trade.
also got 2 picks that turned into Cousins and Grossmann

I 100% agree...they Bryz signing was a mistake...but it is one that MANY feel was pushed by the owner. So far, since Holmgrem took over in 2006/2007, the only years Philly missed the playoffs was his first year...and this past shortened year. So no year where he had control of Philly for 82 games has the team missed the playoffs. Not many GM's can say that. And the core of Philly is young so it is not like they have run their course...like a Calgary for example.

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote