View Single Post
Old
09-10-2013, 04:33 PM
Eskimo44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
While I think Kulemin would be a good upgrade to the lineup... Oilers really need to focus on centre. They are neck deep in wingers:

Eberle
Hall
Yakupov
Perron
Hemsky
Jones
Joensuu
Smyth
Brown
Omark
Eager
RHamilton

Kulemin would obviously be a very good 3rd line winger who could also play in the top 6 when injuries hit but it still leaves the Oilers weak at C... if they are going to spend what little cap they have left (especially now that Hemsky is off the market)... then Kulemin isn't really a sensible option at this point.
If Kulemin is available you go get him. None of the bolded guys are likely to be better or even close to as good as Kulemin. In fact Omark and Smyth are the only two i could see being better than 4th line/Press box. Sure a center would be great, but a big 2way winger would be awesome too. We need more than one thing. You can get 4th line centers for 1 million. As much as i don't like Lander/Acton being gifted a spot, neither should really hurt the team that much. It's the 4th line. Yeah depth is important but i think it's partially why they want to see if Hall can be a guy who can move over like Elias/Kane/Sharp when needed. Kulemin-Gordon-Hemsky is an elite 3rd line. With elite 1st, 2nd, and 3rd lines the Oilers will be in great shape. We need centers but we still have 3 very good ones.