View Single Post
09-11-2013, 12:10 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
If you think playing 3 OT periods in the regular season is a sensible idea, go ahead. I'm not going to argue back and forth over something which has zero chance of ever occuring.

The NHL has not once suggested ever doing this, and considering it is done in the playoffs, you know the idea has crossed their mind. The logistics of doing it don't fit, the NHLPA would likely be completely against it for the injury risk factor alone and arena operators hate long overtimes as is considering how busy arena are and how often they have to undergo transformation, sometimes multiple times a day.

But if you want to continue to cling to the pipe dream of longwinded overtimes in the regular season, go ahead.
If you want to get rid of the ties then this is the best way to do it. Imo gimmicks of 4 on 4 3 on 3 isnt the way hockey was ment to be played. Why not make the net bigger ? make the size of the rink bigger? hockey to me is a 5 on 5 sport not to be taken to less players in ot what other sport does this none its not done cause it makes little sence. As far as this being done or not it has a much of as chance of happening as 3 on 3. If that happening i see alot of players getting injury due to fatigue in the ots. All it will take is one star getting hurt and this 3 on 3 would stop. As far as the nhl suggesting it or not How do u know they havent Have you been to every gm meeting that the nhl has ever had ? ot would mean more concessions stand sales they wouldnt have any issues as long as they can make more money. As stated before most ot games would end in the first period which is not longwinded games some would proberly end faster then some shootouts i ve seen. the 3 period of ots would be a rarety and for this fan would be extremly exciting. Other major sports play to a end baseball comes to mind some times a game can go 16 innings + They don't stop them games for a tie. ( I admit not as much travelling but still point made.

again the nhl pa wouldnt stop it if they added more players to a team. 30 more jobs would be created.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote