View Single Post
09-11-2013, 07:59 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Dactyl View Post
do people honestly believe that the trade is what killed us last year? if we had arty and dubi we would likely have been worse off. we were one of the worst offensive teams in the league before ripping apart terrible teams during the last few weeks. nash outscored both arty and dubi last year. would anyone really want less offensive skill and production on the team that we had last year?

what actually killed us is that richards and gaborik played like **** last year. the trade didnt deplete our depth, we let half of our bottom 6 go in the offseason. how is that nash's fault?
I think it's more like with the Nash trade, the Rangers lost the part of them that made them so good the year before - the hardworking, grind it out, etc. that they played that year. Dubinsky and AA played a big part of that.

Of course, what you said is very true. The way that Gaborik played and Richards played are significant factors in the regular season and post season. So is the way that Nash played in the post season, which needs to be better.

I'm still on the fence when it comes to the trade though. I guess we'll see.

Bullseyes is offline   Reply With Quote