View Single Post
Old
09-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Killion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
I voted Beliveau. Even Hull may had more talent. Beliveau better leader and team player. I sensed Hull had an attitude. I always wondered why a team with Black Hawks talent never won a Cup. Maybe that's why??
Well, no, I dont think thats fair at all Mats. The Hawks were really victims of parsimonious ownership, weak Management & Coaching, a lack of depth. Most annoying actually as they had the most exciting & dynamic player in the league in Bobby Hull, some tremendous players in Stan Mikita & Pierre Pilote, Mr. Goalie himself Glenn Hall in the crease. Hull didnt have any "character issues" on the ice nor in the dressing room. Now, away from the rink in the late 60's & 70's sure, on-going contract disputes with ownership but no, to suggest he was any kind of anchor or counter-productive influence, that he somehow held them back, absolutely incorrect and in fact quite the opposite the case. Had Chicago had better Mgmnt & Coaching, Scouts, Farm System, with what they had as a core, added depth, missing pieces, they could have and would have won more Cups and really right into the 70's.

Killion is offline   Reply With Quote