View Single Post
Old
11-18-2006, 08:16 AM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
reading your post make me think that your too young to have ever seen the players that have their jersey retired . So , i can understand your blind love for Saku , because he's the better of what you have seen .

But he's very far to be a Richard , a Béliveau , a Lafleur or a Dryden . What you have to understand is that those players were not only given their best ,night after nigh as Koivu , but WERE THE BEST . Something Saku never was , and never will be .

You are talking about everything he's done...all the things he's been through , after everything he's given for this team...well , what are you talking about exactly ? Heart and soul of the team ? effort ? If the Habs would retire his jersey for that , they would have to retired 15-20 jersey before his one .
I won't debaye you on #11's merits. I admire the guy on a human level, and on a hockey level, despite obstacles, he's always found a way to get the best out of himself. We can define and argue but it doesn't change much.

One thing in your post made me want to comment though. I have a rough idea of your age, I believe you saw Henri Richard play, wouldn't you say there are many similarities between #11 and #16 ? Both were undersized players that were driven by intense pride. Both had tempers on the ice and wouldn't back down from any situation. The difference is the surrounding cast. Personally, I don't see #11 being raised to the rafters, though it has no effect on my opinion of him, #16 accomplished much more. Not even close, when you look at Henri's rings, but there are a lot of similarities. I'd love to ask him if he's ever thought that watching Koivu play.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote