View Single Post
Old
09-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Pressure
#fireEakins Team

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
eakins is making sure the team is in prime shape, he told the players what his expectations are and he is holding them to it. Eakins wants to have the elite in elite shape so when we are down by a goal he can play T.Hall and Yakupov 8-9 minutes in the third period.

I also think this is part of the reason ference was brought in, aside from the obvious need for a top 4 dman. AF is a fitness freak, exercise, diet etc etc. it wasnt a secret he was and maybe they are hoping that some of that can be passed onto the younger players.

I also wouldnt be surprised to see eakins implement a nutrition plan. i know players who eat Kraft dinner for lunch 3-4 times a week when they are at home. if you think there aren't oilers who do it you're wrong.
Oh I believe it. I remember an interview with our young guns talking about how they would have pizza, steak, fries and burgers after every game and some would gorge on pasta pre game. It was an eye opener when I first heard it, and I'm sure there has to be a plan in place for this. This has to be a organizational implementation, not just the pro team. OKC better be talking hard about eating/training habits.