View Single Post
Old
09-11-2013, 04:54 PM
Pressure
Tier 1/2 and 3 fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
it's just BOGGLES MY MIND that athletes who are making millions of dollars a year and who 100% depend on their bodies being in top physical shape for their massive paychecks, don't all pay the $30,000-40,000/year it would cost to have a private chef make most of their "at home" meals

the team provides meals at the rink and on the road, so that is easy enough to eat healthy, it is at home that must be a bigger challenge... players don't know how to cook and they are busy with other commitments, so I understand why they don't cook at home on their own a lot... getting pre-made meals for at home that only need to be heated up would cost no more than $40,000/year, and that is likely on the high side now that i think about it... you could probably get most of them handled for around $20,000 or so actually

its crazy that all the players don't do this.... it's even crazier that the oilers don't have an "on-staff" chef that takes care of all this for the players... maybe the oilers DO have such a person, but i've never heard about it
Fack, I know right? It seriously boggles my mind. I stay in shape right now for my rec/comp teams that I pay to play, it shouldn't be hard to eat healthy. I think it's because these guys are so used to do this their whole life, and they've got this far on it, they don't feel the need to change up the routine? or they're just lazy momma boys.
I know one thing, I would DEFINITELY have a dedicated chef if I was a pro athlete, that's not even a question. $40,000 is probably quite a bit. I mean all the guy has to do is come in once/twice a week and premake all the meals.

Oilers need to make this happen for all the players right now.