View Single Post
Old
11-18-2006, 01:37 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
reading your post make me think that your too young to have ever seen the players that have their jersey retired . So , i can understand your blind love for Saku , because he's the better of what you have seen .

But he's very far to be a Richard , a Béliveau , a Lafleur or a Dryden . What you have to understand is that those players were not only given their best ,night after nigh as Koivu , but WERE THE BEST . Something Saku never was , and never will be .

You are talking about everything he's done...all the things he's been through , after everything he's given for this team...well , what are you talking about exactly ? Heart and soul of the team ? effort ? If the Habs would retire his jersey for that , they would have to retired 15-20 jersey before his one .
Dude, you're ignoring everything I'm saying. I already said he wasn't as good as the old players of the past. But, winning a cup is different now. The game is different, you won't see the same team winning a cup over and over.

Saku is a special case. I said that IF HE CAN WIN A CUP, he deserves to be up there. After the cancer, after the career threatening injuries and after leading this team through it's darkest times, IF HE CAN LEAD THE TEAM TO A CUP, he deserves to be up there. He's a special case. There's nobody you can compare him to.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote