View Single Post
Old
09-11-2013, 06:50 PM
Corey Pronman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Curious Corey, why Mantha comes in so low, is it the compete level we talk about or do you see some significant problems in his puck possession as well? Seems the buzz around the Wings was he was a better passer than expected at their camps this summer. Frk, Mantha, Ouellet and Sproul (less so defensively) have been getting a lot of complements from Jeff Blashill this summer in terms of the qualities he thinks they have.

Also was not meant as a shot, just wondered if they had any demands on goalies being on the list. I also like them because you seem to value guys from all sets of drafts, it seems you are just really high on the last draft, which several people were. Like I said I always enjoy reading your lists and the time you take to answer questions around here. 0 influence is good to know, I have thought at times Sonier is steered for lack of a better term in what he talks about during his draft buildup at times.
Well at the time of the draft I said I felt there were 16 high-end prospects in this 2013 class. I think an average class has about 10-11. Those 16 are clearly grouped towards the top of my prospect board for that reason. Look at how far down you go to get to the next group of 2013 draftees.

That's not to say there's a super dramatic drop off, but once you get past the elite 30 or so prospects everyone gets insanely close in talent level. Gap between like 40 and 90 is same as between 5 and 15. In those really close cases I give preference to older players and/or those with proven AHL or pro league track records.

Mantha went right around where he was on my board. I scouted him at the Lake Placid camp and he looked good. Skilled big man and yes can playmake but still has things around the edges to work on.

Corey Pronman is offline   Reply With Quote