View Single Post
Old
01-14-2004, 08:55 AM
Joe Malone

vCash: 500
Craig Rivet is often condemned or traded on this board. Posters say he is at best, a 5th or 6th d-man on any team, and should keep his game simple, or he should have his ice time reduced.

Well, last night he played more minutes than ever before, with more responsibility, as the 2nd d-man on the left side. He responded with one of his best games of the season. 3rd star on RDS, 2nd star as chosen by the Montreal Gazette. Maybe he should play more.

Rivet has always been paired with the most inexperienced d-man. From Markov last year, to Bouwmeester at the Worlds, to Boullion, and now he's with Komisarek. Not only with Komisarek, but on his opposite side to accomodate Komi. Why didn't Brisebois and Komi merely change sides? Maybe Patrice can't play the left side, and Quintal earlier in the year said he couldn't/wouldn't/didn't want to be on the left side.

Rivet has done everything asked of him, from playing forward, to being paired with rookies, to switching sides, and has played with injury. I bet his coach appreciates him for all that. Rivet loves to play for the Habs as much as we love to cheer them. He is the consummate team player. I guess people don't understand what that means.

Come that tough 1st round of the playoffs, I want Craig Rivet on my Habs team.