View Single Post
Old
09-11-2013, 10:11 PM
haveandare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Actually, MSG has a ton of history in moving every few decades. But they probably won't be moving from this location any time soon. I do expect Dolan corp to have to pony up to keep the doors open though
I'm aware of the history of moving. My point is that this particular building also now has a lot of sports history that is relevant to our current culture. It's a reason to keep the building where it is as long as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
no, it really doesn't.
You don't think so. That's fine. I disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
It's not a question of Penn Station looking "nicer" it's a question of it becoming more functional in order to serve the needs of the people who use it and the city that depends on it.
Personally, I didn't mean just look nicer, though I did mean that in part, I meant be a more pleasant experience all around, including being more functional as you've said. As for looks, this is New York City, some of the most impressive and beautiful buildings in the world are here. The other train station in town is a work of art, and Penn used to be also. Ideally, Penn should look nice. It should welcome people to New York in a way that everyone can be proud of and excited about. It doesn't "need" to do that, but Grand Central doesn't "need" to be a work of art, either. Many beautiful buildings, or hell, things in general, don't need to be nice, but them being that way ends up having huge effects on people's lives and thoughts and interactions.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote