Thread: Rumor: eklund
View Single Post
Old
09-12-2013, 06:54 AM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
the problem with what you just said is that Kelly, Stoll, and Handzus are all better than Gaustad. They bring something offensively. I love Goose's attitude and how he stands up for teammates. I'll never forget how he slammed Theo Peckham into the ice after the hit he made on either Horns or Wilson. He also sticks up for Rinne and doesn't take any extra curricular activity around his goalie lightly. On the other hand, Handzus, Stoll, and Kelly all seem to be able to score much better than Gaustad. Don't get me wrong, they are by no means wayyyyyy better but hypothetically if all 4 wanted to come to Nashville, goose wouldn't be my first choice.
I think you're overblowing the Peckham incident. They were hugging and fell down, not like he threw down to the ice with any sort of force. If anything he should've been punching Peckham but instead he held on. Gaustad is not a guy that puts fear into the other team. If you want a guy to stand up for your teammates you need someone that will actually put fear in the other team that if they do something, the next time that guy hits the ice, the enforcer or tough guy or whatever you want to call it is going to make them pay with either a huge body check or by dropping the gloves. Gaustad will stick up for teammates in a situation but it's not like he's going to make the other team pay for extra curricular activity. While many hate O'Brien, he stuck up for the goalies at all times. Belak, McGrattan and Tootoo were all great at this too. Hordichuk was another.

This team needs more of the stand up guys for sure and it's nice to have added some of that this offseason. I just think it's funny we overpaid for guys with grit when we had guys like that and let them go. Oh well. Not my money, or is it?

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote