View Single Post
Old
09-12-2013, 08:28 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Just Be Nice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I don't give fantasy advice during the season. 3 out of the last 4 seasons, I've won the "award" for leaving the most points on the bench each week. The teams I assemble through the draft are great, talented squads--typically I finish in the top four in each league. What holds me back is that I end up obsessing over matchups, and my "smart" picks always blow up in my face. If I have four guys being considered for two flex spots, for instance, I can guarantee that the two guys I end up starting will score considerably less than the two I keep on the bench.
I hear you! I hate that, it can really get in your head. Ultimately I try to make the best, most educated choices I can but after that its definitely a crapshoot.

There's a good quote by Matthew Berry along the lines of: "Would you rather lose because you went with your gut and took a risk, or lose because you started the guy the rankings told you to?" I'm definitely the former but can see both sides of the argument. Impossible to be 100% right every week.