View Single Post
Old
09-12-2013, 11:08 AM
Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I'll take my 70$ and buy something from a company that actually cares about its fans.

70$ every year for a game that evolves oh so slowly. A real cashcow. I'll get GTA V instead. 5 years and 260 million in the making. The mother of all sandbox games.

How much do you think EA puts into the development of NHL?? 10, 20, 30 mil per year?

Don't get me wrong, I used to be a huge fan of the NHL series. Been playing since the very first edition on Sega Genesis. But the A.I. has always been crappy, no intuition, not an ounce of creativity, and they've always compensated by using randomized per-game boosting of player and team attributes. Same weak strategy they use in all their competition games, from sports games to Monopoly Streets. Anything EA that sets-up a player against another will be like this. It's always the same way of favoring a player against another from the start of the game. If at least they'd square off the A.I. when playing online or offline multiplayer, but no.
I gave up on GTA after the last one, when they took all the fun out of the sandbox modes. No great cheats like GTA SA etc, just way too much unimportant tasks to complete to get anywhere etc.

I'm hearing it's sort of the same in GTA V, tedious player switching and not enough sandbox etc.. I hope I'm hearing wrong.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote