View Single Post
Old
09-13-2013, 09:20 AM
Gary320

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by _vivelequebec_ View Post
It's completely false. Like some people already said in other threads in Europe ultras are in every sports, hockey included.

But it'll never happen in Bell Centre, I agree. Why? Because if you want to have chants and tifos on a regular base you need a group of supporters, a core. With the price of a season ticket in Montréal (which is very high especially because of the 82 games + play-offs, in Europe you only have a 40 matches season) you'll never be able to implant a supporter culture. On the other side, maybe fans can at least replace the disgusting ''Olé Olé Olé'' by ''Allez Montréal'' but yeah, we're far from there.
I'll take 'Olé' over "Allez Montreal" when it comes to hockey games.. any day of the week. Even if it's awful and unoriginal and used at nearly ever opportunity. I don't think "Allez Montreal" suits the Canadiens or Hockey culture.. just me. "Allez Montreal" is a soccer song..

plus "Ole" and Canadiens go together now.. for better or for worse.

I'd rather fans create a new chant.. then steal one from another sport.. again. But as you mentioned, you need the ultras to do that.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote