View Single Post
Old
09-13-2013, 10:52 AM
BowDangles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
I posted about this in another thread.
Expectations need to be tempered, not everybody can walk around at 200+ pounds.
Brian Sutherby was on Gregors show the day he was introduced at OilersNation, and he talked about how it was near impossible for him to get to 210# at 6'3" every offseason and by midseason he would be back down below 200#.

Some guys just don't have the genetics to pack on that kind of weight and never will.
From personal experience I can relate to this. I work out 3-4 times a week and sit around 205lbs at 6'4". If I crush food and do nothing but eat all day I can get up to 210-215, but its an uncomfortable life and not worth it.

I know it was only first day of training camp but I don't like what Eakins is experimenting with. He is also a "duo" guy and this looks like his "duos" so far. Hall-Hemsky, Gagner-Eberle, Yakupov-Perron.
So that being said this is what the lines would most likely look like.

Jones-Gagner-Eberle
Smyth-Hall-Hemsky
Perron-Gordon-Yakupov
Eager-Acton/Lander-Jonesuu

I don't know if I am forgetting anyone but I hate Smyth being on Hall's line, Eakins wants to surround him with veterans at first but Smyth just can't do it...

Also Rishaug said this morning that he believes Hamilton will get a serious look with Gagner and Eberle because Eakins likes what he brings.