View Single Post
Old
09-13-2013, 11:21 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by knorthern knight View Post
Jets have 23 on their tentative Capgeek roster. Scheifele and Trouba are both waiver-exempt. Assume Scheifele sticks, but Trouba goes down. This allows one outsider O'Dell/Lowry/????? to force his way onto the team, without anybody going on waivers. Let's say a bunch of rookies have outstanding training camps. My opinion of who's most expendable is...
  1. Thorburn; fan favourite, etc, but he's not in our future. With the acquisition of Peluso, Thorburn is redundant. Peluso can fight better, skate better, and even show a bit of offense.
  2. Pardy; if Ian White's PTO pans out into a contract.
  3. Jokinen or Wright; if Scheifele and O'Dell both make the team.
Huh? Capgeek has a tentative roster. On if you use capgeek - Trouba and adding a Lowry/O'Dell, you still have Halischuk, Cormier, Gordon, Samson all hitting the waiver wire before the start of the season.

I am hoping they keep Halischuk, don't think Lowry will be ready and Halischuk is more versatile then O'Dell in terms of roles he can play. I am hoping one of Thorburn or Peluso is placed on waivers and sent to St. John's.

I think Pardy should be gone regardless of if they sign White. He is clearly the #8 maybe even #9, IMO. And I don't believe in going with 13f, 8d roster. Better to have a callup guy in St. John's as the #8 keeping him game speed, than have your #8 sitting in press box for months and months at a time then expecting him to step in and play hockey.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote