View Single Post
Old
09-13-2013, 11:25 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
With a tinge of foresight and ambition neither Bouillon, Briere nor Murray would have a spot on this roster.

Briere had pretty much the same production as Gagne and got 4m and a NMC. He's older, smaller and has just as many injury question marks as Gagne. Not to mention the way he rejected the Habs earlier.

Yet the Bergevin [supporters] will minimize the risks of Briere's signing "because it's a stop gap!!" and claim that we're still on track. On track for what? God if I know - but it ain't the cup. Not with Bouillon, Drewiskie and Murray on the PK and Therrien as coach.

It's not about Gagne, I said he doesn't fit from the get-go, it's about how poorly we're being managed and how deluded our fans have gotten. Shades of Sideshow Bob Gainey all over again.
I think Briere has a lot more left in the tank than Gagne. He's had one productive year in the last 6.

Not sure where you get that Murray Bouillon and Drewiske are part of the long term future. They are there as stop gaps to allow young guys to play big minutes and develop AHL, not play 15 minutes a night or sit in the press box.

Not sure how any of that is bad management. Those 3 d-men will provide a loot of production and cost less than 4 mil COMBINED. I'd like to know how that's bad mangement.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote