View Single Post
Old
09-13-2013, 12:57 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
I know I've ranted about this before, but come on, ESPN is especially guilty of this, unacceptable for even a small newsletter, but this is just embarrassing.

Quote:
Bonds gave the testimony before a grand jury in December 2003 after prosecutors asked him whether Anderson had ever given him "anything that required a syringe to inject yourself with."

Bonds referred to his father, former major leaguer Bobby Bonds, when he responded "that's what keeps our friendship. You know, I am sorry, but that -- you know, that -- I was a celebrity child, not just in baseball by my own instincts. I became a celebrity child with a famous father. I just don't get into other people's business because of my father's situation, you see ... "

Barry Bonds passed away in August of that year.

A federal jury in April 2011 found baseball's all-time home runs leader guilty of obstruction as a result of that response.
As for the case itself, as much as I dislike Bonds, I really admire him and Anderson for their loyalty. You don't see that kind of loyalty very often these days.