View Single Post
Old
09-13-2013, 02:59 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Schultz and Ellerby have no upside. They're the old Dennis Green "They are who we thought they were". Martinez still has upside. And if we're gonna throw out excuses to make our arguments sound better then I'll present the sophomore slump and defensemen take longer to develop. IMO, trading Martinez now would be similar to trading Darryl Sydor. The Kings have a long, painful history of trading dmen who go on to either have long careers or help other teams win. Guys like Schultz and Ellerby aren't those types of players. Am I saying Amart should be in the top 6? No, simply saying I like having a 2 way guy there in case somebody goes down. Schultz and Ellerby are stay at homes, not even sure why Schultz was signed.
Martinez is older and smaller than Ellerby, and he has more upside? He's 26 years old!

Martinez had a rough first stint, played great when playing bottom pairing sheltered minutes with Greene, then struggled again when he was given more responsibility after injuries.

I'm not saying he's junk like some are assuming. I DO think people cling to a playoff performance too much, like wanting to keep Penner.

I just think there are better options in the organization. I think he's effective in a limited role, but given the uncertainty of defensive defensemen, I think having a more steady blueliner is more important.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote