View Single Post
09-13-2013, 08:18 PM
otto bond
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Endersoldier View Post
Skill-wise, RNH takes the cake. We may be blessed for having Galchenyuk, but I would be lying if I said he had more or even equal talent to RNH.

The only thing I feel Galchenyuk really has over Hopkins is intensity. That's not to say Hopkins isn't a hard worker, he absolutely is, but there's a difference between being a hard worker and having fire. To use the Canucks as an example, Henrik Sedin is a hard worker, but Kesler is the one with fire. For that reason alone, I wouldn't be surprised if Alex ends up being the guy I would rather have come playoff time.

Hopkins has the idealized skill set of a playmaker, combining vision, hands, terrific agility and a sweet wrister that, frankly, is not used as often as it should. Galchenyuk's shot is a bit better, but I also like Gally's willigness to use it and use it effectively at this stage. He also has several of the same attributes as Hopkins, but I find Hopkins has him beat in skating, passing and control.

That being said, when it comes down to who would be better for the Habs, I would take Galchenyuk because he is a bit less predictable to defend on a team that does not include a Taylor Hall or Nail Yakupov on the wings, elite level talents that can finish. For Edmonton, Hopkins is the easy choice between the two.
I stop reading there.
On the matter, it's easy to prefer Galchenyuk simply cause he's already a hab but then again?

otto bond is online now   Reply With Quote