View Single Post
Old
09-14-2013, 12:04 PM
Estimated_Prophet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimyrmidon View Post
For myself and what I can see, RNH's ability to slow down the game (I think he is the epitome of it) and find the passing lanes in traffic is terrific especially on the PP. His style is being slippery and slowing things down (which is how he played at the World Juniors), which isn't how Galchenyuk obtained many of his points in the NHL last season. I don't think many players possess that ability so young so that's what makes RNH stand apart. I think that Galchenyuk may be better than RNH doing things at top speed. He also stated that he wants to control the puck better this year as he did in junior so we'll see how that ends up.

As for posters here taking aim at Galchenyuk's Russian roots and previous injuries, I guess I give the average poster here more credit. I can see people taking aim at Galchenyuk's knee, but not his Russian roots when he's been exceptionally clear about it and by choosing to play for Team USA internationally has more than backed up his claims that NA is where he wants to play.
Big mistake!

Hopkins is definitely the better of the two at playing at top speed also. He is a superior skater to Galchenyuk in every sense and is equally as good with the the puck.

The only advantage that Galchenuk has at this point is his ridiculous wrist shot but RNH has a very good one himself that he is being urged to use more often. At the end of the day they both have srardom written all over them. I believe RNH has potential super stardom in his future but I would feel more comfortable with Galchenuk due to Hopkin's wonky shoulder.

Estimated_Prophet is online now   Reply With Quote