View Single Post
Old
09-14-2013, 12:47 PM
onemorecup*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Big picture wise we are definitely heading in the right direction. I felt like we could've done a whole lot more this offseason to improve and didn't do it but we might improve anyway.

I can understand the skeptiscm for this year as we do have flaws on this team. Size and defense are a concern and we're only one season (and it was a shortened one) removed from a disastrous year. But last year we had THREE players who emerged as good players and that's the difference. Eller, Galchenyuk and Gallagher are all good players going forward and that's really something to be optimistic about. Price, Subban and Max we already knew were good but adding those other three gives us a really solid base going forward.

Our D still sucks though. That's something that really bothers me. We are leaving Price to fend for himself and I hate the way we've forgotten how to kill penalties. Regular season wise I think we'll have a good year. Playoffs I still think we need a lot more sandpaper but we're up and coming. Regular season wise I'll be very surprised if we aren't solidly in the playoffs. I see us 4th or 5th in the conference. We could move up or down obviously but I think we're a playoff team.

I've said enough about Briere in other threads so I won't hammer it home again here but I felt like with a couple of the right moves this offseason we could really make some noise postseason. Now I don't think that will happen. We aren't built for the playoffs and I think we'll see that come April. Long haul though we're going the right way and that's something to be happy about.

One big legit top four blueliner who is stay at home and can kill penalties (this is on top of Tinordi) and one big power forward who will go to the net. One or two fewer smurfs... that's how far away we are from being a legit contender. Two players and maybe some addition by subtraction. (Ryan and Cobourn would've been nice) We're getting there.
far from contender

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote