Thread: Michael Ryder
View Single Post
Old
11-19-2006, 12:11 PM
habgab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by laubelroc View Post
whem kovolev has that game i hope i will be able to see .Weve only played nineeteen so far im wating patiently for that game.
I don't know really what you are referring to, but it raises an interesting point. Instead of talking about trading this one or that one to get a second line centre, perhaps we should be taking a harder look at Kovalev. We keep trying to get something to get him going, but why? With his talent and salary, we should expect him to be the best on the team, to be the leader on whatever line he is on as opposed to requiring just the right combination at the right time to motivate him. Ryder fulfills his role on the team as do most of the other players. Last night, for example, Ryder and Perez worked like dogs to create chances while Kovalev floated around, looking lost and really being nothing other than a defensive liability. Bonk, Johnson, Begin, Lats, all of them worked hard and created spark. Kovalev is the odd man out, really, requiring the team to revolve around him rather than him being a pivot for the team. It may not be a second line centre that is required - we require someone who has first line capabilities, an offensive powerhouse to help out the offensive difficulties that the Habs have. Ryder is what he is - at least he tries most nights and gets chances, even with his alleged limited abilities. When Kovalev doesn't want to play, he just drags the team down as he is supposed to be a veteran leader, our superstar of sorts.

habgab is offline   Reply With Quote