View Single Post
09-14-2013, 02:23 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
He has the ideal situation in London. guaranteed Mem cup, good team and another decent guy to tandem with so the pressure is less.

On another note, a question for those of you who have been at camp: has anyone outside of the three most mentioned guys vying for the roster spot(s) look good? I'm thinking of say Alderson (who looked good in the rookie game) or maybe Newbury (who claimed he wasn't just going to give up and assume he would be in the AHL), or Holmstrom (maybe take Halls spot away?), Straka (who in the offseason some people seemed to think could push for a spot) or maybe even Akeson (who had a summer of training with his buddy Giroux.)

I guess that is question that should be saved unit after some preseason games, but I think after 3 days maybe some patterns are emerging.
I haven't been there so I can't say for sure but I would imagine it's too soon to tell. There are like 60 some guys in camp right now. I think we'll have a better idea after these first 4 games and couple more practices. But I'm also eager to get some more info. Flanagan is another guy with an outside shot at a roster spot. When he was first signed lots were hoping he was the new Read which is highly unlikely but it's not like he didn't show any promise in his limited AHL stint.