Old
09-14-2013, 05:26 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Oh come on homer. I think Jozy put I best himself

Sunderland striker Jozy Altidore on his disallowed goal: "I was just tussling back and forth with Bacary Sagna but I thought the referee was going to let us play, I got the better of him and then finished it off but I didn't hear the whistle and it was brought back. The keeper didn't either as he played 100% and I think Kieran Gibbs tried to clear it too. It was a good time to score and it would have been a good reward for us."

I've seen refs play advantage for 3 passes before. There's a reason the announcers were skewering the ref during the game and Sunderlands manager was after. He blew that call.
The ole "I didn't hear the whistle"

Whistle was very evidence. Playing advantage when the ball is moving is a lot different than when a player is being held for 3 seconds, that's an awful comparison. And like it says, "I got the better of him." Yeah, of course he did, did you see the stiff arm he threw?

And again...Even if it is a goal, you're telling me there is zero way they score again with 20 to play if it's level at that point? Of course you weren't gonna respond to that

Again...it wasn't a great call, already said that. Not arguing that. It wasn't as awful as people are saying it was.
But saying Arsenal were handed 3 points is complete nonsense. Sounds like you saw a replay of 1 thing and that's all you saw of the game.

Last edited by IU Hawks fan: 09-14-2013 at 05:34 PM.