Thread: nigel dawes...
View Single Post
Old
01-14-2004, 11:33 AM
NYR469

vCash: 500
the rangers this year didn't invite any junior age players to camp...they limited training camp to only ny and hartford guys with the hopes that if there were only 50 guys in camp instead of 80 guys, they could get down to business from day 1 teaching the system, etc...so it was NOT a slight against dawes that he didn't get invited

i'm sure they will hold their prospect camp again this summer which dawes will attend, and if they invite junior players next year (assuming their is a camp next year) then he'd be included...

but i'd say that he will definitely be back in juniors again next year cause he is too young for the AHL plus at age 18 there is still a decent chance he'll grow a bit more, so you send him back to kootenay as a 19 year old and cross your fingers in hopes that he grows a bit...

this is just my own speculation, but if i had to guess i would say that he goes back to juniors next year, then plays a year in hartford and then 2 years from now he'll be ready or almost ready to legitimately compete for a spot...

no need to rush him...if he is competing for a roster spot at 21 years old, i'll be happy...anything before that would be a bonus